среда, 7 февраля 2018 г.

Beat-up Dresser to Stylish Changing Table

My friend had an old, beat-up dresser that she was getting ready to rummage or throw out. I said I'd take it and make it new again. I've seen fantastic dresser transformations but my favorites are the ones where the dresser becomes a bench with storage space. So I knew exactly what I was going to do with the old piece of furniture.

This is how the dresser looked when I brought it home.

.*
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

The first step was to cut off what I didn't need. The legs went first - I needed to shorten it, to make it an appropriate sitting height. Then I removed two of the top row drawers and cut off the top using a jigsaw.

I cut some wainscoting material to fit the open gaps where the drawers used to be and nailed that into place.

After a thorough sanding, I painted everything with some leftover gray Behr paint.

I don't have any photos of the seat cushion in process, but I used 1 inch foam cushion, soft white fabric, and fabric glue to make the cover. I added some sleek silver handles to finish off the piece.

Before and after. The dresser was free from a friend, and the paint and foam cushion were leftover from previous projects. So I really only had to spend money on the handles and white fabric. Overall, it was a very cheap project for me and I think it turned out great!

Original article and pictures take https://www.hometalk.com/39436619/beat-up-dresser-to-stylish-dresser-bench?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=soc_btn&utm_campaign=shared_cntnt site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий